-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

McAuliffe's Valley Nursery

For plant addicts, finding a new nursery is always a treat.  One of the Snohomish open garden hosts suggested that, while in the area, I should visit McAuliffe's Valley Nursery.  It turned out to be a great recommendation!  "A rural 40-acre garden center offering home-grown trees, perennials, and edibles with rare varieties."

A parking lot this interesting and tidy let me know right from the start that this was going to be a great experience.

"Rooted in Snohomish since 1999" says their website.

Attention to detail and plant health is evident in every corner.


The rusty touches would be lovely in many settings but look especially at home in this rural setting.  

In addition to the retail spaces, there is an attractive demonstration garden which was a joy to walk through on a sunny and warm July day.




I think yer tractor done sprung a leak. 


Make gardens not war. 



Country elegance continues inside that iconic red barn. 






 I was positively smitten with this green-roofed garden shed. 



You may remember this image from last week's Wednesday Vignette post. 



More green goodness. 

I want to meet the stone mason who did the shed and the pillars of this building. 




While this was my first visit to Mcauliffe's, it certainly won't be my last, especially since it's only a ten minute drive from Flower World!

Happy last day of summer!  

11 comments:

  1. Such a great nursery! I too love all the rusty touches. And the brickwork. Wonderful selection of pots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's fancy! The shed is all kinds of amazing but what caught my most of all was this phrase "a sunny and warm July day"...oh how I miss them already...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've said it before but the PNW really does have the best garden centers and nurseries! This would be a fun place to go just for inspiration, let alone to buy plants (not that I often back off on buying plants...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice nursery! I especially like the green-roofed garden shed. I'm thinking of doing that with the former playhouse from my children which stands in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me at those trees! Whoever did the masonry sure had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the drunken masonry. You really do have the best nurseries in the country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all of the plant places you have exposed us to, I am amazed that you can always find one more. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, 40 acres of WOW. I love the tractor. What fun it would be to have a space for something like it. Places like this gives me a bad case of the wants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We also discovered this nursery on an Open Gardens tour several years ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love it all. The tractor fountain and the garden shed with living roof. So much to see and enjoy and so many temptations to 'buy'.

    Thanks again Peter for showing us yet another great adventure to a garden/garden center.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place. So many fun things to see. I love the bowling balls in the wall (we used to have some as garden art). You guys seem to have the best garden centers and nurseries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.