-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Lisa's Cacti And Succulent Collection

You may remember that in July, members of the Cascade Cactus and Succulent Society came to visit my garden. (Post here.)  The day began at the home of Lisa Alba, one of the members.  Her collection of plants is almost as great as her artistic talent.  Lisa made a majority of the pots in which her plants are growing and has a knack for pairing pots and plants to delightful effect.  I'll be mostly quiet and let you enjoy the plants.




Some of the collection is having a summer vacation outside.




 This amazing creature was being donated to the society  as it wasn't going to move with it's previous owner.  The society holds an annual odd plant show and sale  which Alison and I attended just last weekend.




Some of the collection lives indoors year round.


Isn't this a cool piece? 

Lisa's home is filled with interesting, wonderful, unusual objects.  I'd met a kindred spirit!  The delightful thing is that on this day, I'd met a whole bunch of kindred (a bit obsessed) plant people and am looking forward to joining the society!

What a joyful experience!
On Thursday Next week, we'll tour the garden of a couple of other members who invited me visit with them later and also do join Alison and me as we find new treasures at the odd plant show and sale! (Forgot about GBBD and FFU this week!)


12 comments:

  1. She has a great collection of both pots and plants! I love the unique ceramic pots, and also I see she has some nice pieces of Talavera. It was so much fun spending time with you at the Odd Plant Sale. I'm looking forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I can't wait to see what you bought at the Odd Plant Sale (what a name!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. While succulents are not my favorites, those pots ARE amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pinched-look pots. Unusual pots and succulents/cactus just seem to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pots are fabulous! How fun you're joining the cactus club so we can see more odd plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of those plants are just crazy! One looks like a big caterpillar. Quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an extensive collection! I recognize a few familiar faces that I had over the years. The giant donated cacti is a thing of beauty; it's reassuring to know you can find a home for plants you cannot care for anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those weird little plants are intriguing. The handmade pots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection only surpassed by her fabulous pots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of succulents and amazing pots. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collection of succulents and amazing pots. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.