-

-
Although this could very well be a picture of me finding a new treasure at a favorite nursery, it's actually an illustration by David Catrow for a children's book called Plantzilla.

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Fabulous Fronderosa Frolic Part Four

The Art


These colorful scarves are the creation of Linda Ann Vorobik who is known for her botanical artwork.  Linda says that the somewhat more broad stroke process of scarf dyeing  is a welcome diversion from the detail oriented nature of her botanical work.  
I'm sorry that I didn't get any good shots of her truly amazing botanical work but you can see more and read about her work here

I don't know who made these stunning fabric banners but I love them!

The creator of these cool pieces from Sky Valley Metal Works says that he only does this one show for Judith as his contracting career keeps him too busy to do more.The big bursts on the flat surface are made of old files and horse shoes.
 This seriously cool bench was made from nails left over from a job. 
Some of the offerings from Image Custom Iron Works.  There is no website but custom orders are welcome (206) 909-6318. 

Barbara Sanderson of Glass Gardens NW creates "Uncommon Art of Exceptional Gardens"  LOVE these poppies!
In the bottom of this picture, a little left of center and also left of the peach - colored mushroom you can see a couple of glass bird nests which I find charming!
More spectacular eye candy!  Everything Barbara makes is so cool that it's hard to pick a favorite.  The curly things that look like fiddleheads which Barbara calls "fiddlesticks"  look amazing in groups!

 For further information  about Barbara and her work, go here.

Able Adventuresome Twig Furniture, "You imagine it, we create it." made this set. The idea of combining twig construction with brightly painted smooth wood surfaces was new to me.  These were really eye catching! Learn more about Able here

I hope that you enjoyed these last four days at the Frolic as much as I enjoyed going to the event!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about Fronderosa, I really like the glass and other ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of colouful things. I like those last ones, colourful "glass mushrooms".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I love to hear your thoughts.